Things to do
Amenities and activities offered at the Discovery hotel and around Saint Lucia are almost boundless. Regardless of how long you stay at the hotel, you can fill your days with exciting adventures or simply relax poolside, on your private balcony or in one of the hotel's bars or restaurants.
Here are a few highlights of what this luxury boutique hotel and the beautiful island of Saint Lucia have to offer guests.
At the Hotel
- Concierge Services -Guests of the hotel are encouraged to take advantage of the hotel's professional concierge service to ensure they make the most of their vacation and all of the activities on offer around the island. Concierge staff can organise everything from delivering your favourite newspaper or arranging a special celebration to booking tours and excursions or dinners off property or in one of hotel's bars and restaurants.
- Swimming Pools - There are two large pools: one with an infinity edge overlooking the bay (and right next door to The Hurricane Hole Bar) and a lagoon pool with a swim-up bar and a children's pool area with a special awning to keep it shaded for most of the day.
- Marigot Bay Restaurants & Bars - Besides the hotel's bars and restaurants, four more dot Marigot Bay and are easily accessible via the Sunshine Express - the hotel's dedicated solar powered ferry. Ask the hotel Concierge for menus and recommendations.
- Water Taxi Service - There are several small boats which can be hired for trips around the island. The Sunshine Express provides a complimentary ferry service for guests to the bars and restaurants around the bay. Taxi service runs from 7am to 11pm daily.
- Labas Beach - The hotel's beach is a short 2 minute ferry ride across Marigot Bay. Sunbeds and non-motorised water sports (snorkelling, windsurfing, hobie-cat sailing, kayaking) are available for guests here and are free of charge.
- DVD Library - Every room and suite has its own DVD player and there is a wide choice of DVDs available at reception including Action, Cartoons, Comedy, Drama, Horror, Romance, Suspense, Thrillers and popular TV series for a nominal charge.
- Mini-Bar - Enjoy a cold soft drink, Piton Beer or premium brand spirits and snacks from the hotel's mini bar. Re-stocked daily.
- Yoga, Tai Chi, Fitness and Pilates - Daily scheduled classes are available for a nominal charge. Private classes can also be arranged. Sign-up for both is through the Concierge.
- Shopping - Next door to the hotel is The Marina Village. This picturesque Caribbean style shopping centre has a full range of facilities including Banking, up-market boutiques, supermarket and duty free outlets, Art gallery, Bakery, ice cream parlour and café with views over the harbour entrance.
Activities Around Saint Lucia
- Diving & Snorkelling - The Discovery hotel is close to St Lucia's marine parks.
- Sailing - vessels range from dinghies to live-aboard catamarans available for day charter around Saint Lucia or to the Grenadine islands and beyond.
- Bird Watching - Marigot Bay has a wide variety of bird species.
- Climbing - Saint Lucia is mountainous, with hills and mountains ranging from challenging climbs requiring some mountaineering experience, to vigorous walks, all with wonderful views
- Rainforest Hiking and Walking - there is easy access to nearby bays and hillsides, as well as deep rainforest trails.
- Surfing and Kite Surfing - trips are available to the Atlantic coast on the other side of the island. Ocean kayaks & windsurfers are also available.
- Visiting the volcano and bathing in the hot springs - a short drive or boat trip away.