St Lucia has two airports: Hewanorra International Airport (UVF; 454-6355), in Vieux Fort at the remote southern tip of the island, and George FL Charles Airport (SLU;452-1156), in Castries near the main tourist area.
Scheduled international flights land at Hewanorra, which has a longer runway, while flights from within the Caribbean and charters generally land at the more central George FL Charles Airport.
Both airports have tourist-information booths, taxi stands, phones, and booths for car-rental agencies. The tourist-information booths book rooms, sell phone cards and will exchange US cash into EC dollars at slightly disadvantaged rates. There is a EC$68 departure tax levied on all departing passengers.
Offices for the main airlines serving St Lucia are in central Castries.
The following airlines fly to/from St Lucia from within the Caribbean and beyond:
- Air Canada (454-6038; www.aircanada.com) Montreal, Toronto
- Air Jamaica (453-6611; www.airjamaica.com) Atlanta , Barbados , Boston, Chicago ,Miami , Montego Bay , New York, Newark
- American Airlines (4524-6777; www.aa.com) Chicago, Miami , New York
- British Airways (452-3951; www.ba.com) London
- Delta Airlines (452-9683, www.delta.com) Atlanta
- LIAT (452-3056, after hr 452-2348; www.liat.com) Barbados, St. Vincent, Trinidad, Dominica , Antigua
- Virgin Atlantic (454-3610; www.virgin-atlantic.com) London, Manchester